A gallery of pictures depicting control line models and related paraphenalia, sent in by readers of Australian Control Line Nostalgia.
1. The pictures in this strip come from Rob Edgerton, illustrating the modelling scene in Queensland around the late nineteen fifties/early nineteen sixties. His first photo shows Arthur Gorrie (left) and friend with their class 2 teamracer sometime during the late nineteen fifties. Arthur was one of Queensland's leading designers of control line models in those days.
2. John French with his Class 3 monoline Speed model (McCoy 0.60) on the Stardusters MAC field at Keperra circa 1964. The field (on corner of Settlement and Samford Roads) became site of Drive-in Theatre late sixties, and later was developed into a housing complex. John was a prolific model builder in the sixties and competed in most events.
3. Fred Dotti with his class 3 speed model. Fred ran a refrigeration engineering business in Brisbane together with his brother Les, and became well known in modelling circles throughout Australia when his "GoldDust" class 2 teamracer design was published in a 1958 issue of Model News.
4. Bernie Amies launching Mike Ware’s combat model at Woody Point for the 1960 State Champs. At that time Bernie was President/Treasurer of MAAQ. Early in 1961 Bernie moved to Victoria to take up a position at Monash University
5. Ron Morrison circa 1971 with his OPS .60 powered Class 3 Speed model. Ron has now served several terms as president of the Brisbane Thunderbirds club, and still remembers his teamrace successes at Nationals of the early nineteen fifties.