A gallery of pictures depicting control line models and related paraphenalia, sent in by readers of Australian Control Line Nostalgia.
1. Sent in by Andrew Nugent is this picture of what he describes as "Sapovalov model nearly ready to paint". Another nice addition to the Victorian fleet of Classic FAI teamracers.
2. Andrew with his model in undercoat.
3. The same model, now almost finished.
4. & 5. These next two pictures illustrate the kinds of unusual models that can arise when original designs are permitted, as they are for Classic FAI. Max Stokes from northern Queensland sent the pictures of his latest creation as it was at the beginning of 2010, whilst Max was waiting for delivery of an R250 that he needs before the model can be finished. A wheel enclosed in an extended cowling is one of its more unusual features, whilst the swept up wingtips provide a notable contrast to the elliptical, rounded, or squared off wingtips usually employed on racers of Classic FAI vintage. In September 2010, Max was still awaiting delivery of his R250.
6. Seen at the 2010 Maryborough gathering was this colourful replica of Blue Pants photographed by Howard Gostelow. The original Blue Pants was designed by Henri Stouffs and winner of the Criterium of Europe one year in the early nineteen fifties.
7. Judged to be the best control line model at the 2010 Veterans' Gathering (NSW) was this attractive Stuka photographed by Warren Leadbeatter.